How to search Kibana logs with a section-io-id Follow
In the Section dashboard Aperture, it is possible to search detailed logs of proxy events on the platform. Section provides logs using the reporting and graphing tool Kibana. Events on the Section platform have an associated section-io-id.
To find Kibana logs via a section-io-id do the following;
- Find the section-io-id for the event using the How to find the section-io-id article, and then copy and paste the section-io-id.
- Open Aperture and click on the HTTP Logs link on the left-hand side menu.
- Click the Open in New Window link for full-screen and better user experience.
- Paste the section-io-id into the Kibana search bar.
- The result appears in Kibana.
- Select relevant fields, i.e. status, _type, upstream_status, time_taken_ms etc.
Fields can be filtered in, filtered out, or added as columns by using the 3 icons below in order.
- Send that URL for the Kibana search to customer engineering if required.